BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

RNC Who?

There is a new RNC website up today that I think is worth checking out. It would appear that a lot of people are checking it out, so it's not working well enough at the moment for me to give details on what I like about it - so I'll do that later.

I wanted to address my feelings, and maybe yours, about the RNC. I've struggled lately as I've received requests for donations from various groups gearing up for the 2010 elections. Who do I support? I'm really a fairly textbook Libertarian, but I don't have high hopes for the Libertarian ticket any time soon.

The grassroots conservative movement in the past year has been amazing. For me, it has verified that my own ideals are not unique - and that's a good thing! The organization happening in local communities shows an untapped power in the American citizen that I haven't seen in my own lifetime. How does this translate into real action though?

I think/hope that the RNC is wising up and trying to be the answer. I've been a little cocky about my relationship with them - I mean, they must be drooling over the Tea Party activists and their devotion and money. Wouldn't they just love it if all they had to do was open their doors and the RNC would be infused with new numbers, new life, and new money?

It struck me today though that any conservative who hopes to see their ideology reflected in Washington needs the RNC. They need us and we need them. Yes, if they had behaved properly we would not be in the current mess...but there must be an organization to funnel all of the current energy into to accomplish much needed action. So, if you have been looking for something to DO other than read my ramblings and the ramblings of a million others in the political blogosphere, go to GOP.com and really check it out. I'm going to. Sign up, be a Facebook fan, engage. It looks like (though I haven't properly been able to click through everything) it may truly be an online community forum that can capture the grassroots energy that has mom's like me blogging during naptime!

0 comments: