BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, September 4, 2009

Good Things

I recently made the observation that liberals must have been trained on how to talk about their issues far better than conservatives. I sometimes find myself feeling guilty and tongue tied by the arguments made by the left. Case in point: Healthcare. Yesterday many of my Facebook friends had the following in their status message:

"No one should die because they cannot afford health care, and no one should go broke because they get sick. If you agree, please post this as your status for the rest of the day."

Seriously, who can argue with this? I will - but it's not concise enough for Facebook!

This statement is indirectly slapping every conservative in the face by labeling them as people who believe someone should die because they cannot afford health care and that one's entire financial situation should be destroyed by illness. This is no different than the way that the White House and it's allies say that those in opposition to their plan "are opposed to health care reform." They have claimed "health care reform" as their ideas alone, thus anyone who is opposed to their ideas is against reform.

Be of good cheer my friends. Take a step back. Breathe. Now remember the heart of the problem: It is NOT the the government's job to make decisions about anyone's healthcare and you are doing your fellow man a great service by standing up for the Constitution of the United States.

I missed the opportunity to support John Mackey, CEO of Whole Foods, earlier this week as a kickoff of a grassroots "buycott" movement was held at the Preston Whole Foods in Dallas. The buycott is in response to the boycott lefties are staging against Mackey for his recent article in the Wall Street Journal condemning Obamacare. I know, I've been ranting about the environmentalist movement lately and even included Whole Foods in my gripe, but this is good enough to make me wish I could have been there. Read it HERE. I can't give it enough praise. There are so many good ideas for reform out there. The argument is not as simple as reform vs. no reform.

To make myself feel better about missing the buycott on Tuesday I booked it up to Dallas from Houston yesterday, with tired babies in tow, so that the tired babies and I could make it to the Tea Party Express event in Dallas. I'm glad I went too. It was patriotic, peaceful, motivating...really. It just feels good to see people out in defense of this great country. The media makes this movement look so weird, but as I've said before: these are some of the most patriotic events I've ever been to. Everything about it was American. A few pictures from the event:

 
Posted by Picasa


I feel better having seen others who are as concerned as I am today. There are a lot of good things happening right now in opposition to what's happening in Washington.

3 comments:

bcmagg said...

Mackey's comments are really good. I haven't heard many of those ideas yet. Good post.!

Texas Blad's said...

I agree with your comments and I was so bugged with the facebook reteric(spell check?) yesterday, then I read the article by Mackey, also very good. Why doesn't everybody get this? I feel like I'm standing in a funhouse, when will we make our government fiscally responsible for their decisions? How long will everyone sit around and be taxed to death to "take care" of everybody else? ugghhh!!

Julie said...

I LOVE the "funhouse" comment Lori. So how I feel when I hear the deficit discussed.