BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Unnecessary Arguing

I read an article today by Michael Gerson in the Washington Post that compared Obama's strategy of "crisis" creation about healthcare to Jimmy Carter's energy crisis. I don't know if it was the writer's intention, but it left me with some thoughts about all this healthcare nonsense.

Obama talked a lot about healthcare on the campaign trail, so I realize that this is a priority for him. However, he did walk into an existing war. Add to that the economic crisis. Why are we even talking about healthcare right now? Maybe Americans have become comfortable about the ongoing war and can deal with it, but the economic conditions are stressing everyone out. Everyone. Not 48 million , or the various ways that number has been broken down. It is beyond me why the President was addressing a joint session of Congress tonight about healthcare when there are so many other issues to address. And I'm a little annoyed that they've stressed me out about this on top of the economic craziness going on.

I think he's scrambling. No liberal in his right mind wants his entire presidency to be defined about economic issues. Liberals don't fix economic problems. They make up programs and spend money to fix humanitarian problems. Sometimes they even create jobs, other than Czar positions. I think President Obama is trying his best to get a new deck of cards other than what he's been dealt.

0 comments: