BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Corruption of Walmart

I have a love-hate relationship with Walmart. From a personal viewpoint, I generally dislike the Walmart shopping experience - though like most, I endure it because from a rational standpoint, it's a great place to get a good deal. From a business standpoint, it's brilliant in many ways.

Walmart is the largest private employer in America. In the great health care debate, I've often cited Walmart as the ultimate example of how an unregulated free market provides the ideal environment for an organization to step up and meet the demands of the low and middle classes. There was a demand for cheap goods, Walmart saw it, met it, and profited from it.

Though I know it's not exactly that simple with health care, I would love to see the same free market idea happen. Let the brilliant minds of driven Americans come up with a solution to meet the demands of those who currently cannot afford to pay for their health care (because let's be serious - everyone is GETTING it) and let them profit from their brilliance. It's a stretch, I know.

Walmart has fallen now...they are official supporters of government health care. Official, like they are on the letterhead. It's craziness. It has nothing to do with doing something good for American citizens. It's all about squeezing out Target. What better way than getting in with the biggest takeover organization in the world? Now maybe my husband will get over my dislike of Walmart and deal with the higher grocery bill!

1 comments:

Vickie said...

Thanks for the great post and reminding us of these things we never think about! I think we need to send this to Glenn Beck... or maybe Rush. They need to see the proof that we really are not ALL asleep out here!!