BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 20, 2010

Book Reporting

Been trying for months to get through this book:

It still hasn't happened. I've left it aside as I hit some fiction, then returned again. Then left again. Then decided maybe I needed to spice up my political reading.

Ahhh, more like it. While I don't pretend that Laura Ingraham's book is all true, it was such a fun read. Truth was gained as it was artfully woven with fiction that merely humanized it. I really enjoyed this book. She lays out the dangers of the Obama administration, the things we're all scratching our heads over, the things nobody is talking about, and the things everybody is talking about. She puts her own spin on it and the satirical writing is fun. I even laughed out loud several times.

The thing I like the best: After each of the ten chapters in this book she offers a positive message of what the reader can do. This may very well be in Mitt Romney's book (which I WILL get to the end of) but it must be at the end. After stirring me up over each specific area of our lives Obama poses a threat to, she offers encouragement that a lot can be done on an individual level. In your home. In your neighborhood. It's not necessary to do anything elaborate that would gain attention on a national stage. We can all make a difference.

Final messages: Don't accept what is happening to our country. Don't despair about it either. November elections DO count. Republicans DID screw up before Obama, but even they wouldn't have done what he's done. Pure conservative values will win in November if GOP politicians can stick to them instead of pandering to special interest groups (Hispanic voters, environmentalists, abortion rights activists, etc.) I so agree with that. All of those groups have members who will be attracted to pure conservative values if candidates will present them.

I'm not dogging Mitt...his book is a great read on foreign policy. Tons of information that would benefit each of us if we'd read it. And I will. I WILL!!! After a day chasing a 2 and 4 year old around, reading about radical Jihad, Vladamir Putin, and Hu Jintao (mixed with brief 20th century history lessons here and there) can make deciphering my 2 year old's language of only the first syllable from each word seem easy.

0 comments: