BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Disappearance?

I haven't disappeared from the face of the earth. Nor have I given up current events and strong opinions of them. I've just been wrapped up, maybe even obsessed, with reading a book for a few weeks.



Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged was holding me captive. I enjoyed for many reasons, but especially enjoyed her perspective on politics. Her book stands as a moving argument for pure laissez-faire capitalism, defends individual liberty, and forced me to consider that those who would like to take away my individual freedoms and destroy what's left of American capitalism are not just mislead. They are evil. Strong read. I highly recommend it. I don't think I'm more jaded about the current events unfolding, but I feel like I better understand it and more firmly believe it is entirely wrong. Everyone here should read it. We can have an e-book club or something. :)

0 comments: