BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Crazy Talk

With the weather warming up, my runs have seemed more and more difficult lately. I get out mid-run and all of the sudden I'm wondering when I'll be done instead of my usual enjoyment of the escape. Today though, I had a little extra fire in my step because somehow early on I thought of this snippet from a speech the President gave in Quincy, IL on his populist 2010 Anti-Wall Street financial regulations tour.

Holy fire this makes me crazy. First, that anyone thinks they can tell me when I've made enough money. Second, I cannot sit here and believe that his policies will not reflect such a comment. He is totally willing and ready to take hard earned cash from Americans who he thinks make too much money. Third, what about his money? He makes big time bucks and something tells me he doesn't simply skim off the excess over 200K (his number, not mine) and give it to the poor. I mean, how many millions of dollars in entitlement programs with their buildings, rent, utilities, paperwork, administrative staff, training programs, etc. would be saved if he simply gave his own money to already existing non-profit organizations that serve the poor of our country?

My final thought: If he has the audacity (his word, not mine) to say such blasphemy in a televised speech he must a) believe Americans agree or b) think we're too stupid to understand. It's so completely outlandish I almost think he's baiting conservatives.

0 comments: