BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 31, 2011

Don't Say Nothing At All

I keep listening to the news and watching. I'm pretty speechless lately, which is rare. I'm not sure what I think. About all that I can tell: The people truly stressed or concerned about America's future are NOT the ones in charge. That's about all I can tell.

I see zero urgency to get us off the path to financial destruction or do anything real to make Americans feel confident in the future. The private sector jobs are never going to come back as long as this nonsense continues. Nobody wants to be the bad guy and cut spending from something they think someone who might vote for them next election would be mad about. (That run-on sentence that doesn't make sense is staying because it's symbolic.) Everyone seems to be bending to what they think their base wants and blasting the other team for what they think their base hates, but nobody seems really sure what anyone wants. Very little meaningful action is happening. Lots of talk. Not many real values in play. Ugghh. See what I mean? If you can't say something nice...

This link that my brother posted on Facebook is just one example of the house of mirrors it seems we are constantly stuck in:



This once again illustrates why I named my blog the Savvy Citizen. It's not that I really think I'm super smart in any subject, least of all politics. It's that our political leaders think we are all really stupid. They can't possibly think otherwise and feed us such ridiculousness. I contend that they are wrong and at the very worst, most Americans are just uninformed. Americans are busy, you know...working, budgeting, making hard decisions, defending the country, raising children, etc.

2 comments:

Texas Blad's said...

ugh, every body should join me overseas :)

larshannon said...

It just makes you want to barf. Really. No normal person could function on that type of debt why does the government think they can?